Sunday 29 July 2012

Magical summer days at last!

Finally the summer is here and the garden has suddenly been filled with a rainbow of colours.  All those rain clouds have gone for now and the water butts are full. From the second week of July the much needed sunshine has brought out the flowers and butterflies and the honeybees have been having a party on their much loved Angelica. Their queen waiting for the harvest and the happy workers to come home for the night.





While I'm tip-toeing between the delicate blooms, I catch a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, fluttering wings of the little 'flower angels' floating from lavender to rose and marigold to lily.










Inspired by the patterns, spirals and colours of the garden this year, I have painted a few pieces of art for outside. Not my usual paintings....


...a little more abstract and I'm not used to painting these at all. I loved creating these though.


The unicorn-fish was an idea from a project I was making up one day for my children, called 'The Strange and Wonderful Creatures Hiding in your Garden.  We made stories and details of how these creatures would live and how you would find them.  I hope to share with you one day.



In a few days we will be away at 'The Green Gathering' and I've painted a colourful sign for the Fairy Glade space they are having there.


Nolan and I designed and made some tables for under the huge old oak tree. Some are still in need of log legs but the table tops are painted and varnished.  I think these would look great at home on my veranda or in a conservatory.  When we are back home I will show you photos of the tables at the festival.












So, after this post we will be packing and gathering what we have made for the festival and I'm bringing along my prints and art cards to sell on a blanket pitch.  Reeling in our kiddies from the woods and park and then travelling to the other side of the country to Wales. I'll show you the magic when I get back home.



















14 comments:

  1. What a lovely post ~ glad to hear you're getting some sun! Those tabletops are wondeful! Looking forward to seeing more about "The Strange and Wonderful Creatures Hiding in your Garden."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden and your new paintings are beautiful!
    Have a wonderful time at the festival.
    I'm also looking forward to hearing more about the critters hiding in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely post! Such beautiful colours, the naturals and the painted :-) Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art and garden always makes me feel so happy when I see it Amanda. Thank you so much for always showing us your beauty and amazing soul. With love, Penni xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo incredibly beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a magical land you create....both with paints and plants...truly special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with those tables...and the unicorn fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try a few leaf shaped tables next!

      Delete
  8. such a lovely post full of summer delight and beauty. each of your painted pieces is wonderful! I agree, so many places would look wonderful with your tables in them. Wishing you a wonderful time in Wales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I,m back home now and had an amazingly magical time. I'll write about it next time with photos of the fairy glade.

      Delete
  9. Well this is too amazingly coincidental. I just discovered your art, and through it, your blog.

    I was doing a Brigit search as I intermittently do and found Lisa Thiel's "Song of Brighid" illustrated, in one particular YouTube video, by you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXcON5cL9vw

    I had to see more, so I came here, searched "Brigit" and found that you had just added my blog to your blog list: "Brigit's Sparkling Flame: Goddess of Smithcraft (with emphasis on Blacksmithing)". How cool!

    I wave to you from the ether, Amanda, delighted to find your magical artwork and our unexpected connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! Sending you love through the ether. Lisa's songs are amazing.

      Delete
  10. I just wanted to pop my head around door here. Have recently ordered some prints and just wanted to say here, on your blog, that I think your work is beautiful! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete